- Abstracts logging client from underlying logging utility.
- Dynamically enables/disables logging level at run time.
- Provides logging format that complies with the existing OCAP format (e.g. <timestamp> [mod=*, level=*]).
- Controls log level independently for each component/module.
- Enables logging globally via single configuration value.
- Controls initial log level for each component/module from configuration file (debug.ini) at startup.
- Prints formatted data to stdout.
- Separates logs into separate files based on "SEPARATE.LOGFILE.SUPPORT" configuration variable
Log4c – Introduction & Terminology:
the script uploadSTBLogs.sh is responsible for uploading the logs to the server. Logs are uploaded as tar files with sufficient information like Mac ID, date , timestamp. Log can be uploaded to server using scp or tftp protocol as per server requirement.
To know more about SoC/Application level APIs details use in RDK, refer the link RDK LOGGER API Documentation