- RDK-B is based on Cisco’s Common Component Software Platform(CCSP) and is a fully modular, portable, and customizable software solution for broadband devices.
- The RDK software is available at no cost to RDK licensees in a shared source manner, and RDK community member companies are encouraged to contribute software changes and enhancements to the RDK stack.
- The Linux D-Bus in RDK-B is a central point where applications can send and listen to signals and conduct method calls, while extending a common architecture across CPUs.
- Designed for operator control and remote management
- Robust application model and app separation
- Best in class WiFi measurement and management API and tools
- Carrier grade security
- Support for Voice, DOCSIS, DSL, EPON and Ethernet WANs
- Support for devices with multiple heterogenous processors and packet accelerators
- Support for guest WiFi and tunneled secure public WiFi
- Support for device fingerprinting advanced parental control and advanced security