The RDK requires only the "base" and "good" plugin sets. Additionally some SOC-specific plugins plugins may be required for hardware-accelerated audio/video playback.
Applications can interact with GStreamer by using a GObject-based API, which implements basic object-oriented programming using pure C language. This is similar to what is used in all Gnome-based components such as Glib or GTK+.
An RMF pipeline of hnsource → playersinkbin will invoke the following gstreamer pipeline of httpsrc → playersinkbin
AAMP (Advance Adaptive Media Player) is an application which uses gstreamer to present IP Video Streams.This player is built on top of GStreamer framework and is capable of playing Apple HLS & MPEG DASH contents over IP.
- Enables HTML5 based playback
- WebKit manages the GStreamer pipeline
- AAMPs GStreamer plugin ‘Gstaamp’ is loaded in the GStreamer pipeline
- The ‘Gstaamp’ creates AAMP player instance
- Audio /Video buffers are pushed to ‘Gstaamp’s srcpads