This is the summary page that describes the CMF RDK-B iteration rdkb-20170410.
Below are links to the relevant documents for the release.
For the Gerrit links, you need to log in before you will be able to see the contents.
The latest RDK-B release addresses licensing issues so users are advised to move to the latest release.
Highlights since 20170327
- New components: None
- Components updated:
- rdk/components/generic/crashupload, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspCMAgent, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspCommonLibrary, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspLMLite, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspMoCA, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspMtaAgent, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspPandM, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspPsm, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/CcspWifiAgent, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/GwProvApp, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/GwProvApp-ePON, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/TestAndDiagnostic, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/Utopia, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/halinterface, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/sysint, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/utilities, rdkb/components/opensource/ccsp/webui, rdkb/devices/rdkbemu/ccsp/rdkb.
- Patches updated: None.
- Community contributions:
Getting the code
$ mkdir rdkb
$ cd rdkb
$ repo init -u https://code.rdkcentral.com/r/manifests -m rdkb.xml -b rdkb-20170410
$ repo sync -j4 --no-clone-bundle
-m rdkb.xml in the build sequence above is important. If this is not specified, you will get an RDK-V tree by default.
-b rdkb-20170410 in the build sequence above specifies the branch to use. If you omit the
entirely, you will get the master (HEAD) of each component.
- At any time, the community can build latest master by dropping the
-b rdkb-20170410 option in the repo init command.
- We have verified that this iteration boots to a login prompt and that you can log in, and that you can connect with a web browser to the web admin page.
Building the code
$ source meta-cmf-rdkb-bsp-emulator/setup-environment (select qemux86broadband)
$ bitbake rdk-generic-broadband-image
The image path will be:
Follow the steps as for a normal build, above, but use the following bitbake command:
$ bitbake rdk-generic-broadband-tdk-image
The image path will be:
TDK for RDK-B documentation is available: https://wiki.rdkcentral.com//display/TDK/TDK+Release+M46
Running the emulator
- Start VirtualBox.
New -> Enter name -> Select type
Linux -> Select version
Other Linux (32 bit) -> Click
Memory size - 512MB -> Click
- Select option
Use an existing virtual hard drive -> Select the built image above -> Click
- Once the VM has been created, select the new image and click
Network -> Select
Attached to: 'Bridged Adapter' -> Click
Start.This will bring up the emulator with the initial splash screen
- Supported TCL tests for emulator are marked as SKIPPED as they are currently not included in the release test run
- TDK-336 - Port forwarding and port triggering test cases in Advanced Config cause PAM process to crash
- Due to this issue a set of the Advanced Config tests are marked as SKIPPED
- RDKBEMU-389 raised on emulator
- TDK-339 - RDK-B Emulator - Several PAM and other scripts failing during automated test run due to CcspPandMSsp not found
- TS_PAM_GetUpTime_AfterReboot is SKIPPED in the release test run, as issue only occurred after reboot during this test, under investigation
- TDK-341 - RDK-B Emulator TS_PAM_IpIfMaxMTUSize fails on CMF image
- RDKBEMU-406 raised on emulator
- TDK-342 - RDK-B Emulator SNMP Tests - No Such Instance currently exists at this OID
- TDK-343 - RDK-B Emulator SNMP Test Failures on SNMP set
- TDK-344 - RDK-B Emulator TS_TAD traceroute test failures on CMF image
TDK-340 - RDK-B Emulator Couple of PAM tests fail trying to retrieve eRT device info
- Box Type for Emulator was set incorrectly in TDK manager