This is the summary page that describes the CMF RDK-B release rdkb-2017q3.
Below are links to the relevant documents for the release.
For the Gerrit links, you need to log in before you will be able to see the contents.
The latest RDK-B release addresses licensing issues so users are advised to move to the latest release.
Highlights since 2017q2
- Components updated:
- crashupload, rdk_logger, CcspCMAgent, CcspCommonLibrary, CcspCr, CcspDmCli, CcspEPONAgent, CcspHomeSecurity, CcspLMLite, CcspMisc, CcspMoCA, CcspMtaAgent, CcspPandM, CcspPsm, CcspSnmpPa, CcspTr069Pa, CcspWifiAgent, CcspXDNS, GwProvApp, GwProvApp-ePON, TestAndDiagnostic, Utopia, Xconf, hal, halinterface, hotspot, sysint, webpa-broadband, webui, rdkb/devices/raspberrypi/hal, rdkb/devices/rdkbemu/ccsp/rdkb, rdkb/devices/rdkbemu/rdkbemu_xb3, rdkcmf/meta-westeros-raspberrypi.
- Patches updated:
- Community contributions:
- Please refer to the changelog since the last quarterly release (RDK-B_2017Q2) here (Gerrit).
Getting the code
Note: The manifests repository is only available to RDK licensees.
$ mkdir rdkb
$ cd rdkb
$ repo init -u https://code.rdkcentral.com/r/manifests -m rdkb.xml -b rdkb-2017q3
$ repo sync -j4 --no-clone-bundle
-m rdkb.xml in the build sequence above is important. If this is not specified, you will get an RDK-V tree by default.
-b rdkb-2017q3 in the build sequence above specifies the branch to use. If you omit the
-b rdkb-2017q3 entirely, you will get the master (HEAD) of each component.
- At any time, the community can build latest master by dropping the
-b rdkb-2017q3 option in the repo init command.
- We have verified that this iteration boots to a login prompt and that you can log in, and that you can connect with a web browser to the web admin page.
Building the emulator
$ source meta-cmf-rdkb-bsp-emulator/setup-environment (select qemux86broadband) $ bitbake rdk-generic-broadband-image
The image path will be:
To build TDK, follow the steps as for a normal build, above, but use the following bitbake command:
$ bitbake rdk-generic-broadband-tdk-image
The image path will be:
TDK for RDK-B documentation is available: https://wiki.rdkcentral.com//display/TDK/TDK+Release+M51
Running the emulator
- Start VirtualBox.
New -> Enter name -> Select type
Linux -> Select version
Other Linux (32 bit) -> Click
Memory size - 512MB -> Click
- Select option
Use an existing virtual hard drive -> Select the built image above -> Click
- Once the VM has been created, select the new image and click
Network -> Select
Attached to: 'Bridged Adapter' -> Click
Start.This will bring up the emulator with the initial splash screen
Building for RaspberryPi
$ mkdir <workspace dir>
$ cd <workspace dir>
$ repo init –u https://code.rdkcentral.com/r/manifests -m rdkb.xml –b rdkb-2017q3-rpi
$ repo sync -j4 --no-clone-bundle
$ source meta-cmf-raspberrypi/setup-environment
$ bitbake rdk-generic-broadband-image
Note. The kernel Image and root filesystem will be created under the
Documentation for RDK-B for RaspberryPi is available here: https://rdkwiki.com/rdk/display/DEVTOOLS/RDK+Broadband+%28RaspberryPi%29+-Krogoth
Running on the RaspberryPi
Please see RDK Broadband (RaspberryPi) -Krogoth.
- For emulator increased the execution time in some LMLite and WiFi Tests (
- On emulator: RDKBEMU-539 intermittently CcspCr.service & CcspPsm.service and other critical ccsp services may fail due to a tmp-ccsp_msg.cfg.service failure, if it occurs emulator will need a reboot to recover
- TDK-404 RDK-B RPI : LMLite Test Failures
- TDK-409 RDKB RPI WiFiHAL Failures
- RPI-41 lighttpd process is not getting restarted automatically once the process is crashed/killed
- RPI-54 TDK LMLite In Connected Device page, Device Type is shown as Ethernet instead of WIFI when client is connected via WIFI
- RPI-61 port triggering is not working for RaspberryPi device
- RPI-63 LMLIte Connected devices are not displayed on management portal under connected device list
- RPI-73 RPI RDKB Krogoth NIGHTLY Unable to connect to portal
- This issue is worked around in this release
- RPI-78 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioOperatingChannelBandwidth() is returning invalid channel bandwidth value for 2.4GHz
- RPI-79 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioOperatingChannelBandwidth() is returning invalid channel bandwidth value for 5GHz
RPI-80 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioSupportedFrequencyBands() returning invalid value for 2.4GHz
- RPI-81 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioOperatingFrequencyBand() returning invalid value for 2.4GHz
- RPI-82 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioOperatingFrequencyBand() returning invalid value for 5GHz
RPI-83 WiFi HAL api wifi_getRadioSupportedFrequencyBands() returning invalid value for 5GHz
- RPI-84 TDK WIFI 2.4 and 5GHZ WIFI SSIDs stops broadcasting once the channel number of 5GHZ is set to 40
- RPI-85 TDK WIFI Not able to change the operating standard value of 2.4GHZ
- RPI-86 TDK WIFI Not able to change the operating standard value of 5GHZ
- RPI-88 TDK WIFI Set operation on Operating ChannelBW is failing after ApplySetting
- TDK-368 RDKB-EMU Intermittent Segfault in CcspWiFiAgent.service
- TDK-375 RDKB EMU TS_TAD UDPEcho Test Failures
- TDK-395 RDKB EMU TS_SNMP_SetSSIDEnableWithRadioDisabled Fail
TDK-396 RDKB EMU Reboots During LMLite Tests TDK-408 RDKB EMU WiFi Script Timeouts
- RDKBEMU-380 TDK SNMP SNMP Query to get the System Description details is not returning the mandatory fields like HW_REV,SW_REV
- RDKBEMU-393 RDKB Emulator When firewall config is set to high, low or medium, the traffic from wlan client to lan client is blocked
- RDKBEMU-458 CcspPandMSsp service/process segfaulting on startup after a crash/reboot during test runs
- RDKBEMU-477 PAM process crashes when setting the port triggering parameters after a port forwarding set operation
- RDKBEMU-498 TDK SSIDs of WiFi 2.4GHz and 5GHZ are retrieved as OutOfService
- RDKBEMU-502 Parameters like BytesReceived, PacketsReceived are not getting populated after a successful UDP echo command executed
- RDKBEMU-503 TDK TAD Fails to set the value of Device.DNS.Diagnostics.NSLookupDiagnostics.DiagnosticsState as Requested if the DNSServer value as empty
- RDKBEMU-506 TDK WIFI Reset of WIFI is not happening through snmp
- RDKBEMU-508 TDK WEBUI Not able to login to the Xfinity page. Throws error as "Can not get password for admin from backend"
- RDKBEMU-517 TDK WIFI Not detecting WIFI with Tenda 300Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter (W522U: Ralink driver
- RDKBEMU-521 TDK WIFI Randomly observing WIFI crash while doing WIFI factory reset
- RDKBEMU-526 TDK WiFi Radio.2.Enable state automatically changing as True when SSID.2.Enable state is set as true
- RDKBEMU-532 TDK WIFI Segmentation fault observed when enabling/disabling SSID using HAL API wifi_setSSIDEnable()
- RDKBEMU-533 TDK WIFI The expected value for radioIndex is different for different api.
- RDKBEMU-534 TDK PAM Randomly emulator crashes when trying to toggle the device between bridge and router mode
- RDKBEMU-536 Create a reference implementation that uses WebPA server
- RDKBEMU-539 PSM Segfault on Boot/Reboot
- RDKBEMU-540 TDK WIFI Device.WiFi.Radio.ChannelsInUse is not listing the current radio channel number.
- RDKBEMU-541 TDK WIFI Unable to set the operating standard as "ac" for 5GHZ
- RDKBEMU-542 TDK WIFI No support for 80MHz OperatingChannelBandwidth in WIFI 5GHZ
Generic TDK Issues:
- RDKB-9915 TDK Port Triggering Master CcspPandMSsp process crashes when trying to enable a rule added for port triggering
- RDKB-10573 TDK WIFI Master WiFi agent crashes when trying to set values for MAC Filter table
- RDKB-10750 TDK PAM Master Fails to set the value as "Requested" for Device.IP.Diagnostics.DownloadDiagnostics.DiagnosticsState
- RDKB-10977 TDK TAD Master Fails to set the value as "Requested" for Device.DNS.Diagnostics.NSLookupDiagnostics.DiagnosticsState
- RDKB-12488 TDK Logger RDKB does not support the option to override the debug.ini file location from the standard /etc path as supported in RDK-V
- RDKB-12555 TDK LmLite Reporting period not reverting back to default value after OverrideTTLseconds.
- RDKB-13274 TDK LmLite Polling period not reverting back to default value after OverrideTTLseconds.
- RDKB-14126 TDK Getting invalid parameter error on setting parameter values for a new PortMapping rule