RDK-V IP Client is a IP based Client Set-Top-Box (STB) with RDK 4.0 features which connects directly with Network Gateways. Targets on Accelerator platforms and utilizes only open-sourced RDK components.
Unused components from MediaClient :
IP STB build is based from medicalient image with out the licensed components and other components which are not required for IP streaming. Some of the components which are removed as of now are,
Refer to the below link for Host Machine Setup
Yocto Build Setup
All RPi based RDK images with the latest features are from the rdk-next branch
Initializing the Build Environment
To build RDK images from ipstb_bringup branch, follow the below build procedure
The image file will be generated under
eg: $ pwd
$ ls -lrt rdk-generic-ip-stb-client_rdk-next_20210914060227.rootfs.rpi-sdimg
-rw-r--r-- 2 dsrava434 dsrava434 478150656 Sep 13 12:33 rdk-generic-ip-stb-client_rdk-next_20210914060227.rootfs.rpi-sdimg
For flashing the image use dd command.
eg: sudo dd if=rdk-generic-ip-stb-client_rdk-next_20210914060227.rootfs.rpi-sdimg of=/dev/sdb bs=4M
[sudo] password for bcpuser149:
114+0 records in
114+0 records out
478150656 bytes (478 MB, 456 MiB) copied, 7.01847 s, 68.1 MB/s
- Controller UI : For connecting Controller UI, use URL: http://<machineip>:9998
- Enabling / Disabling the Plugins from controller UI.
- Wi-Fi Services: Wifi related services can be triggered from Wi-Fi tab in controller UI. We can scan and select from available networks.
- R-Pi Board Console Access : Execute ssh root@machineip from your host PC
- Image Details Verification: For verifying the image details, we can use cat /version.txt command.
root@raspberrypi-rdk-ipmc:~# cat /version.txt
Generated on Mon Sep 13 06:58:04 UTC 2021
- Playing a video using gstreamer, with aamp as gstreamer plugin element by using aamp:// in the uri:
eg :- gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=aamp://bitdash-a.akamaihd.net/content/MI201109210084_1/m3u8s/f08e80da-bf1d-4e3d-8899-f0f6155f6efa.m3u8 video-sink=westerossink
- Playback through Youtube Application : For launching youtube from controller UI, enable cobalt plugin, youtube page will be loaded in TV UI.
- Youtube Launched Output in the TV:
- Youtube Launching Via Resident App: To load Youtube from Resident app UI, select Premium content 1 and press enter
- Once entered the premium content1, Youtube page will be loaded.
- Select and press enter to begin the playback.
- To return to main menu, press cntl+m or home button.
- CNN Launching via Resident App UI: Select CNN and press Enter key to launch CNN.
select video and press Enter key to start playback
Launching Vimeo using Resident APP : Select vimeo from resident app UI and press Enter to launch app.
Select and press Enter to start playback.
|1||Unable to pair bluetooth remote via resident app||open||BT via controller UI is working as expected|
|2||Wifi connections are unsuccessful via resident app||Open||Wifi via controller Ui is working as expected|
|3||Playback using aamp-cli is not working as expected||open||playback is successful only during first time and subsequent playbacks are failed.|
|4||Board reboot every 30 minutes||open|
As work around, comment out On failure from dsmgr.service.
Path : /lib/systemd/system/dsmgr.service
Comment out " OnFailure=reboot-notifier@%i.service"
|5||App launch takes time to load||Open||blank screen is observed between key press and video playback begins for a small amount of time|
- Overcoming build time fetch errors:
- If fetch failure occurs for libinput, comment SRC_URI related changes from meta-cmf/recipes-graphics/libinput/libinput_git.bbappend.
- If fetch failure occurs for gst-plugins-ugly,use mirror source, for that comment out SRC_URI related changes from meta-cmf/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly_git.bbappend.
- If the wireless networks are not listed in controller wifi page, try after disabling and enabling wifi from Network page, networks will be listed.