- EthWAN provides the functionality to enable wan side connection through Ethernet port.
- The functionality is being used in deployments with ONU and Gateways.
- It can co-exist with DOCSIS, so that the WAN source can switch between EthWAN or DOCSIS
- If syndication partners want to deploy Comcast gateway and Wi-Fi solution for customers who have fiber connection, they will require this EthWAN feature.
- In other words this feature allows our syndication partners to offer service to their fiber customers.
Differences between Docsis and EthWAN
|GwProvApp-EthWan is used for EthWan|
|GwProvApp is used for Docsis configuration|
|Default CR device profile used is cr-ethwandeviceprofile.xml||There is a dependency on CM agent.|
|parodus2ccsp, xsmart ,ccsp LM lite and|
webpa are not having dependencies on CM
|DML is used to verify in which MODE the box is|
|WEBPA & Reverse SSH is working over WAN|
MAC assigned to ifconfig erouter0 interface
|The Device is using CM MAC as defined in|
|XB6 Ethernet Port 1 must not be available|
for LAN side connections
|Ethernet Port 1 must be usable for LAN side client|
|The Cable Modem is not active and there is|
no active CM IP address
|Cable Modem is active and there is active CM IP|
- Once enabled in device all internet data traffic including voice and device management will be done through Ethernet Port of the device.
- In Ethernet WAN mode device will connect to ONU (Optical Network Unit) at the customer premises, before it connects to Internet.
Network < -- > ONU < -- > EthWAN
- Adds two new components to RDK-B
- CcspEthAgent – Ccsp component to control EthWAN feature along with data model support
- Gw-prov-app-EthWAN – Gateway provisioning component for EthWAN
|Device.Ethernet.X_RDKCENTRALCOM_WAN.Enabled||The DML is used to ON/OFF the EthWan Feature. The|
default value is OFF.
|Device.Ethernet.X_RDKCENTRALCOM_WAN.Port||The DML provides the port number that is configured if|
the feature is ENABLED with
|Device.DeviceInfo.X_RDKCENTRALCOM_EthernetWAN.CurrentOperationalMode||The DML is used to verify in which MODE the box is|
How to Enable EthWan
- TR-69 Data model:
To support manual configuration via local GUI (user side) to change configuration to Ethernet WAN or DOCSIS WAN.
Ccsp EthAgent Dmcli Code flow
GW Prov Ethwan Code flow
Commands to get EthWAN info from hal
|hal_test ethwan enableEthwan||To enable EthWan|
|hal_test ethwan disableEthwan||To disable EthWan|
|hal_test ethwan GetEthWanInterfaceName||To get the EthWan Interface name|
|hal_test ethwan getEthWanEnabled||To get the EthWan status (enabled or disabled)|
|hal_test ethwan getEthWanPort||To know which port is enabled for EthWan feature|